Sunday, March 10, 2013

A Very Special Testimonial - Elyse & Scott LaBelle

Scott LaBelle
"For most of my 2012 I was working out six days a week, for at least two hours a day. I was the typical cardio bunny, running about 6-18 miles per week. I can’t even get into how much I was spending on supplements, but I’d guess it was at least $100 per month on needless crap that did absolutely nothing for me.

I was dieting hard, but completely uninformed (damn that six weeks of no-carb torture that amounted to NOTHING). What did I gain? Well, about 15lbs on my bench, a tiny bit of definition (so my wife tells me) and about 5-10 lbs (those aren’t good lbs either).

When I started 2013, I decided to get really strict, as if I wasn’t enough already. Well, after 8 straight training days (yep, 3k runs each one of those days) and strict diet of about 1700 cals, I had reached a major accomplishment…I had gained another 2 lbs.

It was then that my wife and I decided to call Jem. I was skeptic at first, after all, I felt I was in the know because I had spent that last two years reading anything and everything I could get my hands on—Google is the best resource out there right? The result was pure and utter confusion: “How many minutes after my workout do I need to take these BCAAs? Squating is bad for the back, and deadlifts too! How much protein do I need? What’s the best protein shake? What amazing miracle creatine is bodybuilding.com?” These are just a few of the questions that I was asking each day, with little to no response.
 
Since working with Jem, starting the second week of 2013, I have lost over 23lbs, made major gains in my deadlifts and squats.  I was too busy with tricep extensions, leg presses, and just about everything else under the sun, and I am not torturing myself. When I say torture, I mean torturing myself to find 18+ hours a week to work out.
 
 
Upon my first conversation with Jem, his first comment to me after explaining my regiment was: “You should only work out 3, no more than 4 days a week. You should be too sore to work out any more than that.” Well, low and behold, now under Jem’s plan, I typically struggle with that fourth workout of the week, only because I’m hurting everywhere, and it’s that good hurt too, you know, that well-earned and welcomed soreness from an awesome workout.
 
The one thing that Jem has bestowed upon me that I think has been most valuable is the KNOWLEDGE FROM A CREDIBLE SOURCE. Before beginning my training and nutrition plan with Jem, he provided to me a plethora of valuable information and knowledge. This information has helped me to understand what I am doing, why I am doing it, and what the results will be.

I’m no longer guessing at what will work, only to lose weeks of effort with no results to show for. I have to say, and this is a major comment, going to Jem will turn out to be one of the best decisions I have ever made. My dedication to getting healthy, fit, and STRONG is unrelenting. Now, for the first time, I feel like have I have the tools and knowledge to do so, and I have Jem to thank for that.
 
In addition to all of this info, the constant guidance and feedback, which is literally an email or Facebook message away, has been extremely reassuring. I have questions, whether it be my form, how to manage a long trip, or anything regarding my nutrition and training, Jem has been there, and he has been there immediately. Jem is a great guy, a great strength coach, and can offer a wealth of information to anyone that is honest about meeting their goals.
 
and from his wife, Elyse.
"I can't tell you enough how amazing you are and what you've opened our eyes to. You have truly changed our quality of life and our marriage is growing stronger as we are growing stronger, along with having more time with each other since we are not working out 6 days a week!"
more before/after pictures will be up in a couple weeks, stay tuned.


No comments:

Disclaimer:

Reading any posts or information on/linking from this site means you automatically agree to this disclaimer. I am not a dietitian or doctor, nor claim any cure, treatment, or solution to health or illness problems.